Recycling Empty Ink and Toner Cartridges
On this page you’ll find clear information on how to dispose of your empty ink and toner cartridges in a green and friendly manner. Every cartridge kept away from landfill is a step in the right direction, so thank you for taking the time to help us!
We frequently meet with recyclers around the country to discuss recycling best practices and the services they offer, which has helped us narrow down our recommended recycling schemes to the two below. Both of our approved schemes are free to use have a “zero-landfill” policy, meaning you’ll be keeping your old printer cartridges out of the ground, maximising their use!
Ink Cartridge Recycling
We’ve got a fantastic postal recycling scheme for your used ink cartridges, and it’s incredibly easy (and free!) to get your cartridges off for recycling and keep them away from landfill.
How to recycle Ink Cartridges
- Package your cartridges securely in a suitable box.
- Click the button above to download your Freepost delivery labels
- Affix the labels to the outside of your packaging and drop them in the post
And congratulations, you’ve kept a cartridge away from landfill!
Please note: Epson ink cartridges are essentially plastic-containers for your ink, and can simply be recycled in Plastic Recycling boxes. Epson cartridges should not go through this scheme, thanks!
Toner Cartridge Recycling
It’s hard to find a decent toner-cartridge recycling scheme, and we’re chuffed to work closely with a company called GreenIBIS to keep as many toners away from landfill as possible.
How to recycle Toner Cartridges
- Click the button above to visit our recommended company for recycling toner cartridges
- Register to create a recycling account
- Select "Arrange Collection" in the top right
- Follow on screen instructions to arrange a free collection of your empty toners
Then just make sure you’re there when the collection calls, and you’re finished! If you have any trouble arranging delivery, read our guide on how to recycle toner cartridges for more information.
Please note: Due to the cost of carriage you can only start recycling toners when you have 20 empties or more, but once you have it’s easy as pie :-)