Will My Printer Work With Windows 8? Nov 08, 2012 09:56 by Matt Bird
A new Windows Operating System is essentially russian roulette for your printer, sometimes rendering it useless until the manufacturer finally makes the new drivers available.
We will be updating this post when we find information for each manufacturer for if windows 8 will work with their printers, and which models.
Will Your Printer Work With Windows 8:
- Canon Printers with Windows 8
- Kodak Printers with Windows 8
- Oki Printers with Windows 8
- Xerox Printers with Windows 8
Canon Printers with Windows 8
Near the top of that page you will see 3 links titled “Inkjet multifunctional” , “Inkjet printer” and “Scanner”. A little further down you will find information for Canon laser printers.
Select the link that applies to you, and see if your printer is in that list. If it is, you are Windows 8 ready!
Kodak Printers with Windows 8
Kodak has announced that Windows 8 and Windows RT will include a driver by default to work with the following printers:
- Kodak Hero 3.1 , Kodak Hero 5.1 , Kodak Hero 7.1 , Kodak Hero 9.1 , Kodak Hero 2.2 , Kodak Hero 4.2
- Kodak ESP C110, Kodak ESP C310, Kodak ESP C315, Kodak ESP 1.2, Kodak ESP 3.2
- Kodak Office Hero 6.1
- Kodak ESP Office 2150, Kodak ESP Office 2170
Oki Printers with Windows 8
As of October 26th, 2012 Oki will be posting Windows 8 and RT driver information. Visit this page, open the compatibility list and see if it is available yet.
Xerox Printers with Windows 8
Xerox have a PDF being updated with Windows 8 compatibility. Visit the PDF here and see if your printer is listed.